Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Happens to You When You Feel Fear? This Is What Happens to Me.



Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - One Day at a Time in Al-Anon

Nothing freezes me in my tracks like fear. How many times have we let fear stop us from doing what we really wanted to do? For me, I know fear stopped me from finding new clients for my business, finding a job, being honest with someone close to me, finding a new place to live and even from asking someone out on a date. But I couldn’t because I was afraid. The truth is, the moment our fear takes control, our self-will also takes control. The first thing to do is to admit to ourselves that we’re afraid. The second is to find out why. Discovering why may mean calling someone to talk, meditating or taking a “personal inventory” of ourselves. To feel the fear lift is to have ourselves back again. Then, when we know how we feel, we’ll know what to do. Susan Jeffers, a well known author puts it this way, “Feel the fear, and do it anyway”.

No comments: